Thursday, June 29, 2017

Carl Jung: We are men and not gods. The meaning of human development is to be found in the fulfilment of this life.



I am a psychologist and empiricist, and for me the meaning of life does not lie in annulling it for the sake of an alleged "possibility of transcendental existence" which nobody knows how to envisage.

We are men and not gods. The meaning of human development is to be found in the fulfilment of this life.

It is rich enough in marvels. And not in detachment from this world.

How can I fulfil the meaning of my life if the goal I set myself is the "disappearance of individual consciousness"?

What am I without this individual consciousness of mine?

Even what I have called the "self" functions only by virtue of an ego which hears the voice of that greater being. C.G. Jung ~Carl Jung, Letters Vol. II, Page 381



No comments:

Post a Comment